• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Era [Or Something Along Those Lines]
Good afternoon everyone!

I'll keep this short, as I don't really like longwinded introductory posts.

Many of you are likely to be stumbling through here from an email alert, word of mouth, or an announcement on the old Mirage Source forums, but regardless of how you found your way here, welcome! 

I'm sure you're wondering, what is this, another attempt at unifying the now fragmented communities once based on the aged and limited Visual Basic 6 engines (Eclipse, Mirage Source, Player Worlds, vbGore, etc.)? In a way, yes, but the intention is slightly different. After some dialogue between Bjorn (aka William) and myself, I was able to convince him to hand off the old forum's database to me so that I might integrate / preserve its essence in this reawakening of what was once a passionate, and admittedly a little naive, assortment of hobbyist and inspired game developers. The aim of this project is to create a community focused on the fun and the process of game development rather than the end result. Our intention is not to foster an assortment of blockbuster indie titles, nor is it to train you to be the next great AAA developer. Our sole intention is simply to provide a platform and community through which we may all, new and old, experience the joy, passion, and excitement that is hobbyist game development.

I look forward to seeing all of you around in the coming months, and I also look forward to seeing all of your projects and passions come to fruition!

Thanks,
John